Table of Contents
Fiddle Leaf Fig Growth Time Lapse
Monica is a fantastic, engaged member of our Fiddle Leaf Fig Plant Community. She has a great Instagram page and shared her amazing 7-Day fiddle leaf fig time growth lapse video with us. Watch it above!
Fiddle Leaf Fig Care by Monica
The time lapse video is so fantastic to see that we asked Monica for her fiddle leaf fig care tips.
Monica and her husband live in the Philippines where they only have Sunny and Rainy Seasons (Zone 13).
They keep their fiddle leaf fig indoors with indirect sunlight coming from two windows. In the morning, it gets low light from the southeast window. In the afternoon, it gets bright indirect light where it is placed one foot from the northeast window.
Since this is their 3rd fiddle leaf fig, (may the first two rest in peace), they have learned not to overwater their plants.
Monica waters when the top 1″-2” of the topsoil is dry.
The soil that they use is for all of their plants. It is in a ready-to-use- bag labelled Loam (Complete Organic Soil) that contains garden soil, pure vermicast, fertilizer and coco peat.
They do not add any added fertilizers but so far, their fiddle leaf fig is growing consistently without it. She is willing to try fertilizing her plant in the future, though.
It is on it’s third set of 2-leaf growth since it was given to her early in February 2020.
Fiddle Leaf Fig Care Routine
Monica gives the stem a wiggle or a vigorous shake in the morning and evening.
She brings it out once a week for fresh air. She does this in the late afternoon then brings it back inside the following day before 9AM.
(One time she forgot to bring it inside, hence the sunburnt leaf on the video.)
On windy and stormy days and nights, she leaves it outside on her balcony to enjoy the fresh rain.
Thank you so much, Monica for your fantastic fiddle leaf fig growth time lapse video and for sharing your fiddle leaf fig care tips.
If you are like Monica and would love a helpful fiddle leaf fig care schedule, be sure to check out our calendar.
To learn more:
- Sign up for our free Fiddle Leaf Fig Care 101 Webinar or our free Fiddle Leaf Fig Course, and make sure you’re subscribed to our newsletter.
- Download our free Propagation Guide
- Read The Fiddle Leaf Fig Expert, your complete guide to growing healthy fiddle leaf fig plants. The book is available in full-color paperback or Kindle edition on Amazon now.
Grab the Essentials for Your Fiddle Leaf Fig:
- Premium Fiddle Leaf Fig Potting Soil
- Fiddle Leaf Fig Plant Food
- Root Rot Treatment
- Houseplant Leaf Armor to protect against insects, bacteria, and fungus (As an added bonus, it also cleans and adds shine to your plant’s leaves!)
- Moisture meter to always know when your plant is thirsty.
- Houseplant Propagation Promoter to propagate more quickly and with more success.