Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. My fiddle fig is very slow growing and now has crinkled, small leaves.
- How long have you had your plant? 2 years
- When did the problem start? Has always been slower growing, but now small leaves over the last 6 months
- What are the symptoms of the problem? Slow growth, small crinkled leaves
- How often do you water your plant? Every two weeks (got root rot when I first watered it weekly)
- How much do you water? 2 cups with the fiddle fig food each time
- What does your drainage look like? Not really any drainage, do have holes for drainage but don’t notice any coming out. Also don’t have access to a shower easily for full rinse and drain. But have been regularly spraying water on the leaves, etc
- What soil are you using? Miracle Grow potting mix
- How often do you use fertilizer? Every two weeks with each watering
- How much sun does your plant get? A good amount of indirect light
- Whereis it in your home? Near the fireplace with 3 big windows on opposite wall
Ive previously had leaves with brown spots so I’ve clipped those off and did not water the plant for several weeks to try and dry out the roots. No more brown spots on the leaves but they are only growing to be small leaves with two leaves being more crinkled. So my question is – should I clip off the small crinkled leaves? Should I put it outdoors with the warm weather until winter comes? Or just move it to more direct light? Should I change the soil? Or water differently?
Thank you so much for your help,